Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Screaming like fools


2 weeks from today is my craniotomy and resection.
Whoa.
I am having a lump kind of day.

The Boys have had a nasty cough and noses for a bit now.
Bitty and D have had some rough nights sleep. Luckily they take turns.

Andrew and I are also weening down our dependency on caffeine too.
We are down to a small cup of coffee in the morning and today we mixed our fresh ground beans with some ground decaf.
I think that is helping me be a little sluggish.

Why do this, you may ask?
Well, just because.

Andrew said he found himself drinking a cup in the afternoon or a soft drink and he really wanted to stop that.
My reason.

After my biopsy, I had a hell of a headache after.

On top of the headache from, well..your brain swelling and them drilling in your head.
I also had a caffeine headache.

At this point I can only imagine what that will feel like after a craniotomy.

So what can I do to help?
Eliminate the caffeine part.

SO...
I was sorting out all of the bills from December and January today.
The bills regarding my MRI's and Biopsy.
Just to make sure insurance claims matched with what we are billed.

You know what's nice?

After you meet your deductible, you pay coinsurance.

Well, there is also a maximum of coinsurance.
Yup.

You know what's nice about that?

When both things are met
And mine are.
Ha!

Yesterday, Andrew and I had our 8th Wedding Anniversary.
I never would have guessed what has happened these last 8 years.
They've been pretty fantastic.
Definitely a roller coaster.
So we continue to ride with our arms in the air, screaming like fools!

No comments: