A bedtime stall tactic is that Aidan has bow-gers (stressing the BOW) in his nose. Then we proceed to help him blow it, which ends with more of him sniffing it all back in. We finally say good night again and then there is the voice over the monitor, "Moooooomy/Daaaaaady I got a BOW-ger." One of us will walk into his room to see his pointer finger high in the air presenting the offender. (sigh)
This will sometimes start the nose blowing process over again and if we do not come in to help, the stubborn one will continue calling and raising his voice to ensure he is heard. Being firm makes no difference, or nice or helpful or angry. Nothing changes the process.
Lately, Aidan has been requesting me to lay with him for a few minutes at bedtime. Not a bad thing, I can designate 2 minutes next to my first born.
I have noticed his bed seems to have sand in it.
Then again, some of the grains of sand are pretty large. After taking a closer look his bed is full of dried booger pieces! EUW! I don't know how much this kid picks his nose but this is pretty nasty. Mind you the sheets are washed weekly!
Now the past weeks it was a little longer. But, come on!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure how to remedy this new issue however,I think it is just part of the ride of parenting and will work itself out soon enough.
In the meantime, beware when if Aidan asks you to lay with him.... ;-)
1 comment:
I am all too familiar with the waving of fingers to showcase
"bow-geeys." We've been trying tissues too, but it doesn't seem to be working. Gabe still doesn't understand how to blow his nose yet, he just blows through his lips. I'm trying wrapping the tissue around their finger and then letting them work it out. I figure that's at least a step in the right direction. But yea... seriously EWWW!
Post a Comment