Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yesterday Morning...

Aidan is obsessed with drawing especially attempting to make letters and numbers. He does this on his own accord and we do not pressure or ask him to do it. I was excited when he first started doing it sometime prior to reading an interesting article last August. While perusing the newspaper I always go to a certain columnist John Rosemond. I like his articles and parenting information. I find his column entertaining. Actually his response to some questions parents/grandparents ask. After reading this article I was a little worried about what it may mean.
My main thought is he is pursuing this on his own and not being told to do and/or pressured to do so. Later I was talking to one of my friends who is an art teacher and her response made me feel better. The bottom line is, he is not 'writing' he is drawing it. BIG DIFFERENCE! Which is very true!
I took this video of Aidan this morning after he called me into the kitchen to see what he was drawing. He is so proud of what he does and I can't help but share for the Great Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles who are far from us!

No comments: