What better to do on a gray rainy day than to bring a rainbow to the breakfast table! Logan eats waffles not pancakes and Aidan eats pancakes and very seldom waffles. Put some sprinkles with it and Aidan will eat a waffle for sure!
Every kid loves funfetti cakes. As I have grown I realized they just taste like sweet air. I had read a while back to make your own put sprinkles in it. So I tried it. Logan's 1st birthday cake was a funfetti pound cake. Why not do the same with waffles?! So for breakfast this morning we had homemade waffles with some whole wheat flour (not enough to make them heavy though), we use organic sugar or raw or demura (general consensus is minimally refined) and then of course tossed in some nothing but nasty dyed and processed sprinkles. :-) Every kids dream! I found some organic sprinkles at Earth Fare but for the price difference we'll go processed. We have froze the left overs so we don't have a need to buy Eggo's right now. The kids enjoyed them. Aidan likes his with "mak-le" syrup and Logan prefers his with cream cheese slathered on top. Aidan LOVES super sweet (GAG ME) and Logan prefers things not super sweet and some times more salty. He prefers goldfish or pretzels to cookies most days. However, Logan when he eats cake eats only the icing. (Since you know every kid makes their parents a liar. :-) )
No comments:
Post a Comment