Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

Dinner..yum! Last year I got this bright idea for St. Patrick's Day traditions. I wanted to make an Irish meal. Now I chose this bright idea the day or two before Saint Patrick's Day and of course it takes days to corn a beef (or the recipes I found) and I could not find any corned beef. This year I mentioned something about it while Kate was visiting and she had just come from the store and bought two corned beef briskets! She so graciously gave us one! Viola! Corned beef and cabbage. I made mashed potatoes with cream cheese instead of colcannon potatoes. Next year I hope to plan more extensively and include dessert. All Irish of course...Logan chose not to eat that night but Aidan had his beef with A1 (yuck in my mind but he liked it!) and said, "Mmm!!" after each bite.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: