Sunday, March 3, 2013

Changes...

Man. 
The Boys coughs lingering and Daniel is still super snotty.  
Here I am hoping they get better before my surgery. 

I have finally come to the realization that they probably won't. 

And that's OK. 
 We seem to always "need" a certain level of chaos.  
I think I am slowly accepting that. 

Just like last month, when I had my biopsy. 
Logan had been sick for 3 weeks so I took him to the doctor. 
They gave him an antibiotic. 
8 days later (the day after my biopsy) he was covered in hives and another rash not like hives. 

Soo...my attempt to "make" him get better so we did not have to go to the pediatrician right after surgery failed miserably. 

It wasn't until I wrote the post about Aidan's Christmas Chapel that I realized this is just how it goes.  
You know, 
knowing that I would more than likely be in labor during Aidan's first Christmas Chapel. 
There are more occasions to back my theory than the two I just listed...

I know there are things out of my control and I just need to have Faith because it always works out. 

There will be some big changes for the Boys with this surgery.

Mainly because after surgery I will not be able to take care of them for at least a month. 
My Neurosurgeon said, someone else must come in to take care of them otherwise my recovery will be even more difficult. 

I will be allowed to take walks but no exercise other than that until after my first 6 week office visit. 

"Do not return to the gym, play golf, swim, run or mow grass until after 3 months after surgery."
"Avoid aerobics, heavy house cleaning and lifting over 5-10 pounds."
"Do not drive 1-2 weeks after surgery."
"You may not drive for six months if you have had a seizure.  This is a NC State law."

Those are some of the big things that will really affect daily life around our home.
**Hopefully the last one won't happen and it will only be the few listed above it.**

Luckily, we have an AWESOME Family  who are signing up to help us out with the Boys. 

The Boys know something is up.
Aidan has some basic preparedness.

He knows I will be in the hospital for about 5 days. 

It could be longer but right now that doesn't matter.  
That will only matter if it has to be longer. 

This will be a huge change for the Boys. 
At least we can prepare Aidan a little and he does much better with change when he has a little bit of warning of what to expect. 

So, here we are 10 days before the craniotomy and resection. 
Tomorrow I have my 5th MRI in the last 13 months and immediately following 
go in for my pre-op testing. 

Time to go in Wild Preparation Mommy mode. 
Hope to post about our Best Christmas EVER soon...


No comments: