As you all know, Carrie's surgery is just around the corner. Once the doctors root around her head with a couple of sticks and put her back together, she will be completely out of commission for about 6 weeks. I will get to be both Mom and Dad! I am normally a major stubborn butthole when it comes to asking for help, but I am not going to be this time around. We already have a fantastic family support network that we will be tagging for quite a bit, but, as the Little Einsteins say "WE NEED MORE POWER!"
This is where you all come in. Many of you have already expressed interest in helping with meals for the kids or helping with childcare. As the Dom (Dad/Mom combined) of the house while Carrie is out of commission, I need some help mainly with meals, but there will be other stuff. If it was my choice, we would be alternating chicken nuggets and cheese burgers everyday, but I guess we need some variety in our diets.
I have setup a care calendar to help organize some of this stuff, including meals and visits for Carrie. This calendar can be accessed here:
The HELPER logon is used by family and friends
that would like to sign-up to help a loved one.
To access Carrie Rogers's personal CareCalendar site,
visit http://www.carecalendar.org/
the following information in the appropriate spaces:
CALENDAR ID : 141259
SECURITY CODE : 7765
This is the info right from the calendar site. I will be adding stuff as needs arise, so check back in from time to time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are already more grateful than you could imagine for the love and care we have gotten from friends and family throughout all of this so far. We will definitely want visitors to the house to help keep Carrie company, so if you think you can get away with dropping something off and running, you are dead wrong.
My email address is asrogers1981@gmail.com. Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions you have about anything you can think of. I am not Dr. Phil, so please keep your questions in the right scope! Thanks for reading! Let the madness begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment