Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cruel

Just a quick note regarding the sometimes seemingly cruel cruel world we live in. 

7 days prior to surgery a list of pain relievers are on the "no-no" list and even for a few days post surgery. 

Well, my dear friend Advil is on that list. 

I came downstairs after we put the Boys to bed last night. 

It was coming all day. 
The beautiful cloudless sunshine day. 
The bright sun shine was killing my eyes.

Yes, since January 2012 my already sensitive eyes now fall victim to photophobia.
This is typically a migraine trigger. 

I came downstairs  last night and then comes the flashing in my eyes.
The aura that I get prior to a migraine. 
I panicked knowing there is no medicine I can take..that I know of. 
I ran around turning off most of our lights. 
I hid in the dark. 

The aura left but there was pain and the increased sensation of smell that comes with a migraine. 
So far, no nausea or severe pain, but the nagging worse than "normal" headache, the smells and the lights are still in force today. 

I guess I'll take it...

We just got home from the Doctors for the Boys.
D has a cold but since his Brother's were dancing down a sketchy path we decided to lump him into the visit.

Aidan has had a cough and cold since Mid February.  It gets better for a day or two, but then comes right back.
He is run down and tired.
The two nights ago I noticed some discharge from his eyes, just a little.

Logan has been on and off fever and runny nose since he went to Duke the last Friday in February.
Yesterday, afternoon I looked at him and his eyes were goopy, tons of discolored discharge and blood shot.

This morning Aidan and Logan were even yuckier.

Aidan has his first ever sinus infection and pink eye.
Logan has lots of cloudy build up in one ear, a sinus infection and pink eye.

They said if D's eyes get goopy just to give them a ring and they will call in a script for him.

Oh yes and I noticed a lump the other week in Logan's diaper area.
In the inguinal crease.  You know right where Boys (most commonly) get hernias.
Don't worry it's just a swollen lymph node probably due to the bug he has had for most of this year.
That on top of no padding to hide it.

Oh yes, and don't worry, it's all really nothing big just seems sometimes like someone is every so often poking you with a stick just to see if you notice.

And on Friday I noticed water marks in our living room coming from the Boys bathroom upstairs.
Yup...they're light, but those issues are now hopefully under control so we should be able to when we have time prime the marks so they are no longer apparent on our ceiling unless we did not fix the real problem...
Hope not!

Let the chaos continue....

Bring it Baby!

No comments: