Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I'm a cheap date??


I got my stitches out.

The Nurse asked if I was ready.
I said, “YES!”
She asked how I was doing
and
she was shocked about the weight loss.
Dr. Grossi even was surprised he says usually from the steroids
and
other meds they use usually make you gain weight.
My body somehow begs to differ.

We did not have to wait too long
and
Dr. Grossi came in.

He gave us good hand shakes
and
he asked how I was feeling.

He asked about all the medicines.
He knew I had to be weened
downed because
it was making me nutty.

To the point I don't remember a lot
at all from the Hospital
and even the first few days home.

He laughed.
Apparently in the Hospital I
was slurring my words from
all the meds when I as on the neuroscience floor.
He called me a “cheap date.”
I have no memory of any of it.

Actually, I couldn't sleep last night
and
I hopped on Facebook.
I saw pictures I don't remember
and
saw I liked a lot of people's
comments.
I don't remember reading any of them.

He laughed at me again today and said again
I am a cheap date.
:)
He gets us.
He gets our jokes and our humor.

He had me hop up onto the table
and
started pulling out the stitches.

He said they will dissolve too if he couldn't get them all out.
It seemed he got them all out.

I told him about my ear hurting, my eye hurting and my head rocking.
I told him I figured it was from all the fluid still hanging around there
and
he said, “Yes it is.”

I also told him I am going to kicks it's ass too.
He smiled and said, “Good.”

I am still at a risk of possible seizures
and
he wanted to make sure I am doing OK with
the meds.
Since I was super sensitive to it all.
In a few weeks the risk will be
very small
and
I will be allowed to be off of it.

He just wants me to stay on it.
He looked to see if there is any new info on the
neuropathology.

He wants to me to call next week
and
check again so I can know.

He also asked if we were scheduled with
the Tumor Center.
We said they had called to see
how we are doing
but that
they had yet to schedule.

Then of COURSE
this afternoon they had called.

On Monday, April 8th we will
be heading over to
The Duke Tumor Center
at 8am.

Crazy...yet another thing to try
and wrap our
heads around.

He asked how Andrew was doing too.

He also wants to see me again in a month or so.

I told him we are going to set up a
team
for
Angels Among Us
on
April 20.
He said it is beautiful there.

I can't wait but he said I can't run it yet
but I can walk it.
I said, Oh yea I will!
And will start racing soon.

That's is the only way to kick it's butt.
We're going to help raise money for research
for as long as we can.

I said, if we have to
tackle it again we will.
Whenever it decides to do it
I am going to kick it over an over again.

He again told us, “Good. Keep it up!”

I also keep forgetting to Thank him.
So when I meet with him next month I will remember.
I also want to take a picture with him too.
He's pretty freaking phenomenal.

I told him what my goal is going to be
on running
and
raising money
for all the things we want to help.

You know my first year of my 30's has been interesting.
That's for sure.
Learning 2 months before I turned 30 that I
had a tumor
and then
now having the tumor removed 1 month and 2 days before I hit 31.
Bunk you Tumor!
Oh yes...
and
to always keep things
chaotic...
We had our dogs teeth cleaned yesterday.
The vet called us and told us
Cooper has renal disease.
We're hoping to slow it down
and maintain it.
There is no way to fix it.
Just to help it
which means using CRAZY expensive
dog food to help maintain it.

Heh! Oh well, we take all challenges
there is a reason
we don't know why
but it all will work out.  

No comments: