I wanted to share a quick status up date on how Carrie's first full day of recovery went. She slept semi-decent last night. She was complaining about being in a good amount of pain throughout the night, but that was to be expected. They kept her on a regular routine of pain meds to help manage it. By about 6 in the morning, the pain was being better managed by the meds, so it was a little easier for her to relax.
Her catheter was removed about this time as well, which made her much more comfortable as well. She was really starting to get an appetite throughout the day, which was a good sign. She wanted a big fat cheese burger, but we knew that she wouldn't have been able to even being chewing it. I suggested grinding that sum-bitch up in the nutribullet and making a cheese burger smooth, but that wasn't the best received (that or the drugs made her not find my joke all that funny, one of the two).
She was able to eat some pancakes and drink some various types of juices for breakfast instead. The meds were just keeping her very groggy throughout the day. She was so extremely tired, but also so hungry, that it was a tough fight between the two. Had to pull a put out of her hand a few times as she had fallen asleep with it and it probably would have fallen over. Her parents picked her up a smoothie from Smoothie King and she was able to take some of that down.
About lunch time, Carrie's parents were there and I was able to sneak away for a bit. I grabbed some lunch in the cafe with Father-In-Law, which was quite tasty! I then hopped into the mighty Saturn and drove home to see our Babies! I got there and the first words out of Aidan's mouth were "Hey Dad. Is Mom still at the hospital?" Followed by Daniel in a sing-song voice "And the Momma is a coming..." This broke my heart as he ran straight to the front door looking for Carrie. Luckily he didn't get to upset by it. I was able to play with the kids for a few minutes. We wrestled in the living room and sword fight for a bit. Even Roxy wanted to get in on the playing action by throwing her tire rope toy on top of me while I wrestled with the boys.
I then grabbed a shower and a fresh set of clothes and spent a little more time with the boys. I had the pleasure of putting the Littles down for a nap today. I wanted to do this as I know it would have been hard for them to see me leave again. Thought this was the easier way. Aidan then asked me if he could come with me to see his Momma at the hospital. I said "OF COURSE!!" I called and checked with Carrie's parents to see if anything was going on that would prevent him from being allowed there. All was clear. Carrie's Mom asked Carrie if she wanted Aidan to come and I heard the drug-induced slurry of a voice say something to the tune of "YES I WANT TO SEE MY BABY!" I then whipped up a Kale, Mango, Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with some protein powder in it for Carrie and I went on my way!
Got back and Aidan was happy to see his Momma, that's for sure! Momma was happy to see one of her babies as well! It was another hour or so before we moved out of the ICU and into a more comfy room. They had to wait for a room to open up. Once set up in the new room, we hung out for a while and Dan and Matt showed up for a quick visit. Then Aidan hitched a ride back to pick up some Chic-fil-a for dinner for him and his brothers and for everyone else. The boys went down well for bed time and were great little men as usual!
We saw Dr. Grossi for a short bit and he let us know that the post-op MRI was perfectly clear. Everything was looking fantastic! His assistant told us directly after the MRI that things were good, but he came around again and checked on Carrie. She was slurring her speech an awful lot, but that was due to the medications she is on. He is going to keep her on a anti-seizure med for about a month to help keep anything from going down. Dr. Grossi is a rock star, that is for sure!
We saw Dr. Grossi for a short bit and he let us know that the post-op MRI was perfectly clear. Everything was looking fantastic! His assistant told us directly after the MRI that things were good, but he came around again and checked on Carrie. She was slurring her speech an awful lot, but that was due to the medications she is on. He is going to keep her on a anti-seizure med for about a month to help keep anything from going down. Dr. Grossi is a rock star, that is for sure!
They have been managing Carrie's pain pretty well into the evening. Touch and go, but she is doing very well. No pictures taken today as not much else has changed. We had a great visit from a great friend tonight who brought me a fantastically grilled burger and a homemade strawberry milkshake! Carrie has been resting for quite some time now, which is great. I am hoping she gets a couple good long stents of sleep tonight and I hope to do the same. This stuff still ain't easy to deal with, but much more manageable for me today.
Here comes the end of another long winded, not quite as exciting, description of how everything is going. I know Carrie is having a rough time remembering everything that is going on, so I am trying to at least give her something to read when she is better so she knows what the dilly was yo.
Thanks to everyone who has sent us message and likes and everything through email and Facebook and texts. It means the world to us to have this many people thinking about us. Good night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment