Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hopefully no more ER..


Here's hoping we are on the mend.
So far I am not sick.

Andrew is now terribly aching.

Aidan's backside is slowing down.
His hunger hasn't quite gotten back yet.


D has been gagging
but seems almost like he now has drainage.
??
His eczema is back in full force too.
Trying to figure that out.
He does OK then screams in pain.
He was screaming over an hour this afternoon.
He woke up and screamed.
He finally fell back to sleep on me
in the our bathroom.
He would gag
but not get sick. :(

Logan...
Oh Logan...
Yeah.
I couldn't get him to eat
and
barely drink.
Then he started throwing up again.
We gave him some Zofran
and
I called the Pediatrician since
I was supposed to touch base with them.
(they were closed anyway yesterday.)
I explained everything to the front desk
she said the Nurse would call back.
And here we go...
She called back a while later.
I explained it all again.
She remembered us...
Yes...remembers having to take him in 3 times since December.
She remembers him coming in after my first surgery
and
and before and after the second..
Yeah...
She also has a son with Asperberger's.
So she gets some of our difficulties.
So, I explained Thursday
and
how we tried to keep him home
and
then when we had no choice.
I recounted what
all I relayed to the Nurses, PA and the MD.
I mentioned the sugar issue at the ER
and
it again yesterday
when I had to force feed him
juice to bring it up
while he screamed
and
fought
and
then finally started to wake up.
I mentioned the metabolic issues the Geneticist wants
to look into
and
she feels there might be even more too that we will learn.

Yes...so the Nurse Stephanie
pulled the Doctor there
and
she is on call tomorrow too.
Then she called me back
because the sugar issue is very concerning.

SOOOOOOOO....
Yeah...
Again the mentioned any doubt we have bring him back to the ER
BUT
here's the catch...
The Dr. said we may want to take him to
Duke Children's
instead of Wake Med
because I HAVE to call the
Geneticist
first thing Monday to
let her know about the sugar issue.
Here I figured we would mention it at the next appointment.
I bet we'll be heading there sooner now...just a hunch.

We had to spend all afternoon forcing him
to drink juice or full strength gatorade.

Yes..because he can't do food dye
so we can't do electrolyte
solutions
and
they won't want him to have anything watered down.

They want to keep his sugar up
since he still isn't eating.
His lips were getting dry
but
he was still
have wet enough diapers.
So yes, we had to force the drink
via syringe because he wouldn't
take it.

They said if he started to be hard to wake up
take him back right away
and again
reiterated
we may want to choose Duke
since all of his Genetics
information would be
available for him.

They said if something just feels wrong to us
we need to bring him in too
especially since
he can't tell us how he feels
or
if the Zofran did not stop the vomit.

Thankfully it stopped.
For now.

We are hoping he finally hits the mend.
He always gets hit so much worse than everyone else.
This we know
and
always mention again
because it goes
with the possible metabolic issues
and
possibly others issues.

Yup.

So... there we are.

My Mom came and helped today.

I have a ton of adrenaline flying through me.
I did a lot I wasn't supposed to do
but
Poor Andrew was totally out of commission.

The Kids needed stuff
and
we got to the point
Mom was cleaning up Logan's puke
and
catching it
while I was cleaning puke
and
stains from the carpets,
cleaning puke off
the toys.

I would check on Andrew
and
continually keep everything
washing
and
constantly
putting bleach all over the bathrooms.

It has to stop soon.
PLEASE DEAR LORD!!

Then I think perhaps the Lord is just challenging us to make
sure we keep the mindset we need with all of this.
The Determination
and
Will Power.

A reason why I am pushing myself through everything
I did crash hard
but
after a nap
I was able to push the adrenaline again.

I am spraying
50% bleach on as much as I can.
All bathrooms,
emptying trash,
moving laundry
keep clean sheets,
scrubbing toys,
keeping sanitized dishes
etc.
Anything I can think of.

Perhaps that is what it is.
I told Andrew once everyone recovers
I probably will hit my low
but
will do my best to maintain until everyone gets better.

I expressed again
I want to go to Boot Camp,
I want to go run,
I want to hit something
Heck, if we had a sledge hammer
I may just find a wall to tear down in the house.

I am determined, we will recover
and
I will continue to kick
any more astrycytoma's backsides as needed.

I only can think we are just being challenged to keep that mind frame.

There is so much I want to say but over time I will probably touch all bases.
I don't want to leave a giant novel for everyone.

**There is a new tab on our page that will link to our Team
for The Duke Brain Tumor Center
fund raising and 5K.
Perhaps I will recover and get to run it. :)
Right?!

No comments: