Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Night Before


So here we are the night before.

It's very surreal.
I can't wrap my head around what tomorrow is
and
what it may be like.

This has been a weird week to say the least.

We found out where Aidan will go to Kindergarten.
He's so excited and so are we!
Aidan's eyes are clear and his cough is much better now.

Today, Logan seemed to take a turn for the worse.
His eyes got worse, his nose ran more, he began a nasty cough and started to run a fever.

We also found out the results of his tests that were done at Duke.
We will need to schedule a follow up visit for more tests.
I don't really know what the results mean,
I guess we'll find out when a follow up is scheduled.
They are supposed to call Andrew tomorrow.

Baby D is doing well. A little nasty nose and super clingy to Mama.
He is also finally cutting his two year old molars.

My Aunt came in from out of town and has been helping out this week.
This way they Boys get some time with her before I am out of commission.
She has been a HUGE help.

I guess that big part people want to know...
I talked to Dr. Grossi this afternoon.

The hospital never called to “confirm” my arrival time.
So
I guess it is still 10:00am
like they told me a while ago.

Dr. Grossi said I am on his schedule for noon
and the procedure will last 3 hours.

Then he said he would probably finish up around 3 or 4p.

Last week Dr. Henderson mentioned a post-op CT that I will probably sleep through too.
It's going to be a long day for everyone out in the waiting room.

They are sending the tumor off for pathology.

We asked about our plan post-op.
Later this week I will have ANOTHER MRI.
This will be the MRI that the Dr. Friendman's at the Tumor Center want to see.

Dr. Grossi said in 1-2 months I will follow up with the Tumor Center
and I will then be in their hands.

So, unless I have any other surgical needs I will be done with him.

At the Tumor Center they will determine which protocol they want me to be on.

He mentioned if it is a “wait and watch” approach
it could be something like a 3 month, 3 month,
6 month, 6 month...as long as all looks good.

So who knows.
I don't really care about that right now just want a vague idea of where we go after this surgery.

My Neurosurgeon will be on call this week so
if I need anything while I am there he will be the one I see.

He also reminded me not to read too much into my MRI report. *With Duke we get access to the reports the Dr's get.

Then told me to try and get some sleep tonight.

We shall see how that works.
So far I haven't hit the insomnia like I had before the biopsy.
If all else it will give me time to feel like I can get a few more things done.

We are hoping to get there early tomorrow so we can pick up the copy of my MRI
for Andrew to take to work so they can make a small 3D version of my skull.
Andrew works in Rapid Prototyping...if you have seen his work you would understand.

Thank you Everyone for all of your nice thoughts and Prayers for us.
We are so incredibly appreciative for them and are feeling their presence already.

Andrew will try and keep people updated tomorrow either on here or Facebook.

No comments: