Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hoping it sticks

We are now at 4 days before surgery. 
It is hard to imagine next week at this time I will have had a craniotomy.
Very weird to say the least..

We are in preparation mode. 
I have pancakes made..well I did.  
I made a double batch on Sunday and there are only 2 left!
I have a double batch of waffles. 
Today, will hopefully include pizza crusts and at least 2 loaves of bread.

You see, I am a fiend about preservatives and knowing what goes into our foods. 
ALSO, it really is a ton cheaper to make it yourself and doesn't take too much time.
In my opinion...

So, I make big batches of waffles, pancakes and pizza crusts so they can be frozen. 
Our Rogers' special of "Eggos" and "Frozen Pizza"
they get eaten up quick too. 
I am hoping for this to make breakfast easier on Andrew and hopefully make sure our supply won't run out too soon. 
I need a good scrub on my fridge because when I am unable to do it, I will think it looks super dirty.
Mopping, bathroom cleaning,clean sheets,laundry, brush the dogs etc. 

On top of all of this I want as much time as I can with the Boys.

Andrew noticed this week that Aidan has his first lose tooth!
We are hoping he loses it before the surgery or after we are home from the Hospital.
That's a big first to miss!
 If I miss it I think I really will cry. 

The Little's seem to be requesting me more for snuggles.
  This is a BIG deal for Logey.
I am trying to eat it all up but also get things done.

This morning I went to my last Boot Camp class for a few months.
The Ladies there are WONDERFUL.
When I started 2 years ago I never would have imagined how great these women are.
They have gone above and beyond to help my Mom and I.
They are generous, kind and are people I feel lucky to be able to have met.
I am going to miss class terribly while I am recovering.
I am looking forward to coming back to class and hoping to take up running again too.

I want to race again.
I used to love it.
Always giving yourself a challenge to face and over come.

I find myself day dreaming more than ever.
I get lost in music a lot too.
Always day dreaming there is a reason for the song or it was played especially for me.
That somehow Someone knew I needed to hear it's message.

I dream of how things could be one day.
What I want to do or teach our Kids to do.

One is to give them no limits on their dreams.
I hope they will have big dreams and hope.
I hope they will believe anything is possible even if they have a tough road at times.
I hope they see it's just a bump or you never know it could be a sink hole,
 but to keep Believing and Trusting that they will get out
and
get out for the better.
It may not seem so at the time but one day it will.

My Dad always dreams big.
You can do anything you want to do.
He always has hope and sometimes crazy dreams.
We may laugh and sigh at what he says.
But he is right, he is oh so right.
Never lose sight of your dreams and if you do, take the time to find where they went.

“And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!” 

― Dr. SeussOh, the Places You'll Go!

My Mom and Dad picked out this book and gave one to my Brother when he graduated high school and one for me when I graduated.

I truly love getting to read it to the Boys.
I hope it sticks.

No comments: